Disaster Deployment Core Training
(Basic Training for any Deployable Qualification Level)
Effective Date: March 1, 2016
| Typical Duties: || |
- Because a MAC (Mutual Aid Communicator) may be deployed to different cities or to the county radio room during drills, public service events or real emergency incidents, no two assignments are exactly alike.
| Prerequisites: || |
- Completion of Basic Level Requirements and Training
- Regular participation in weekly nets, training sessions, and community service events
- Willing to be deployed outside their own city/county
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts when deployed
| Required Training: || |
| Continued Eligibility: || |
- Participate in at least two weekly (Monday night) nets per month
- Complete two online supplemental training articles per month
- Participate in at least two county activations within each two-year period. (Note that this an average of just one activation per year, but provides more flexibility in the case of travel or other scheduling limitations.) The activations may include: MAC exercises, public service events, real emergency incidents, or other activations as approved by the Emergency Coordinator/Assistant Emergency Coordinator.
- Participate in at least one county activation and at least one county "End of Year Summary" class within each two year period. (Note that this option will still ensure the minimum level of currency with county standards and procedures, but is more difficult to schedule since there is only one "End of Year Summary" class each year.)