Digital Communicator II
Effective Date: April 29, 2018
Because a Digital Communicator II may be deployed to widely different locations or to a county radio room duirng exercieses, public service events or real emergency incidents, no two assignments are exactly alike.
Assignments may include:
- Command posts
- Damage surveys
- et cetera
- ARES training or equivalent experience with packet radio and the software Outpost Messaging, Winlink 2K, and APRS
- Demonstrated ability, in field conditions, to communicate via packet radio, including live chat, both connected and UNPROTO
- Send/receive messages from mailboxes with Outpost messaging, Winlink 2K email (via packet)
- APRS software with at least the ability to track other vehicles via radio. It is also strongly encouraged to have the ability to send one's location via packet radio while mobile.
- Participate in Monday night nets at leaset twice a month*
- Attend at least six (6) ARES meetings in a given year
- Participate in atleast one activation within each one year period. Activations may include: MAC exercises, public service events, ARES exercises, real emergency incidents, or other activations as approved by the Emergency Coordinator.
*For those with work commitments that prevent a person from participating regularly on Monday nights, this requirement may be waived by the EC on an individual basis.